Watch this video to learn more about the PROFS program.
To be eligible and remain eligible for the scholarship during the full course of study, the student must:
- Be 18 years of age or older or be a graduating high school senior.
- Be enrolled in or accepted into a college or a post-secondary program (vocational or training program/school).
- Remain enrolled in 6 or more credits.
- Have a mentor selected or approved by the BCS Board
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit all requested documentation.
- Be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 or above.
- Past recipients are eligible to reapply after the four years but are limited to receiving a scholarship for no more than eight years.
- If the individual withdrawals from school, this scholarship will not be paid to that student
A critical component of the application process is the creation of an essay describing your interests and career goals. Your essay provides the selection committee with a sample of your writing skills.
On a separate sheet of paper, please submit an Essay in answer to one of the options below. Be sure to use examples to validate your answer. Length: minimum of one page, not to exceed two pages, typed. Please entitle it “Essay – Your Name”. It must be paper-clipped to your application.
Essay Questions – Choose one:
- What are your educational goals and how will being awarded this scholarship help you attain your goals?
- Write about a time when “hard work” paid off.
- If there was a person who made a difference in your life, who was that?
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Please turn in the following:
- Applicant must be a foster child
- Fully completed scholarship application
- Letter of Recommendation
- Completed Essay
- Resume which includes all employment/volunteer experience and any supplemental training experience
- Proof of academic standing; i.e. most recent copy of transcripts or report card to:
2085 North 63rd Street, Suite 1
Philadelphia, PA 19151
PLEASE NOTE: INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED